Question
Posted by: Tanya | 2010/04/07

Pimple after piercing

Hi Cyberdoc

I have had a nose piercing for about 3 months now and recently I have developed a small bump next to the piercing. It looks like a pimple but it is not painful. I use water with sea salt to clean it every day and the pharmacist also gave me alcohol swabs and bactroban (piercers advise not to use these). I''ve also used lavender oil but with no luck. What is this and how can i get rid of it? I am so scared that it could be a Keloid and they are very hard to get rid of.

Tanya

It is most probably the early formation of a keloid, which is an overgrowth of fibrotic tissue and it will have to be removed surgically. Sometimes, the injection of diprosone can reverse the reaction. Consult your doctor for an examination.

3
Posted by: Tanya | 2010/04/08

Because it has become an infection now and I want to solve it. Saltwater keeps it clean but it does not heal an infection.

Reply to Tanya
Posted by: David | 2010/04/08

Sweetie, in your post - you clearly say... " pharmacist also gave me alcohol swabs and bactroban (piercers advise not to use these

so then why use it????

Reply to David
Posted by: David | 2010/04/08

so then why use it????

Reply to David