Posted by: John | 2011-10-21

Hi Doc,

I have something that feels like a pimple on my bum, close to my anus (dont laugh).

anyway, it feels the size of a pea and i pinching it made it bleed a little..

but the size is still the same..

is there anything i can use on it to make it go away?

is it something i have to worry about?

You really have to consult your doctor, as it is possible that a small hair follicle got infected, which evolved into a small abscess. The area of infection has to be treated as soon as possible. The abscess can easily grow in size and this will cause a lot of pain and even complications, like the formation of a fistula. I therefore, do suggest that you consult your doctor as soon as possible and not to try and treat it yourself. Please do not squeeze the mass.