Posted by: John | 2011/10/21


Hi Doc,

I have something that feels like a pimple on my bum, close to my anus (dont laugh).

anyway, it feels the size of a pea and i pinching it made it bleed a little..

but the size is still the same..

is there anything i can use on it to make it go away?

is it something i have to worry about?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc


You really have to consult your doctor, as it is possible that a small hair follicle got infected, which evolved into a small abscess. The area of infection has to be treated as soon as possible. The abscess can easily grow in size and this will cause a lot of pain and even complications, like the formation of a fistula. I therefore, do suggest that you consult your doctor as soon as possible and not to try and treat it yourself. Please do not squeeze the mass.


Dr Anrich

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.