Posted by: Worried/Stressed | 2009-01-30

I have for the past 2 months has a pimple sort of lump on my bum. I have been to my gp twice and he has given me antibiotics. It got better for about a week a came back again. It has now come to a point that i cannot sit or walk without being in extreme pain. He had told me it could be an ingrown hair but somehow i dont think it is. It is about the size of a R2 coin and is very sensitive. Please please can you help me or refer me to a doctor who can actually diagnose the problem.

Thank you for visiting

I recommend that you make an appointment with a dermatologist, in for him/her to evaluate the lesion and to consider a formal incision and drainage.

Kind regards

Posted by: BBBB | 2009-01-30

I had an abscess 3 times in my ass. The Dr opened and drained it. Then I sat in Dettol water (5min at a time) to keep it clean.

Reply to BBBB
Posted by: Neo | 2009-01-30

Migt be an abscess which is causing the severe pain. I think you must go back and ask your GP to make a small cut to drain it.

Reply to Neo