Posted by: In Pain | 2012-10-22

Pilondial cyst?

Good day

I suspect I might have a pilondial cyst. A few days ago I could feel a dull pain near my coccyx.(not directly above it, more to the left of my cheek) After a few days a lump started forming but it does not look like a pit or boil. It is mostly flat and as big as a R2 but extremely painful now. I was lying down with a hot water bottle on it for most of the weekend now it seems bigger and I am really struggling to sit or lie down on my back.
I am way too embarrassed and scared to consider going to the GP to have it lanced. Can I rather get a drawing out cream? Any name/s you can suggest and/or antibiotics??? This is so painful but I cant bear to go for an op or have this cut and prodded in a GP room, which will also be expensive i presume.

You can apply Bactroban ointment to the area and use Myprodol capsules to ease the pain and to reduce the inflammation. If there is no response to this treatment, you will have to consult your GP for an incision and drainage.