Question
Posted by: Patricia | 2011-09-02

Pill + spotting

I''''m on the pill and when I finished my last pack, I did something I shouldn''''t. I skipped the 7 non-medicated pills and started with the new pack right away. This is something I''''d never done before but my period coincided with an important chain of events I didn''''t want to miss.

I thought doing it once would be safe. However, I''''ve been experiencing spotting since. It''s been like this for at least 11 days and I need as many as 4 panty liners a day. What should I do? I''m still taking the pill and hoping when this pack is finished everything will return to normal, but I''m worried.

I''''ve been on the pill for 7 years. I should have known better. Now I''''m scared my health and fertility might be compromised. Please help. Thanks you,

Patricia

Patricia

Do not be concerned, as your health and fertility will not be compromised. It should normalise with your next menstrual cycle.