Question
Posted by: Marinda | 2010/02/15

Pill problems

I will be 27 in April. I have been using the Pill since the age of 18. I started with Triphasil and have been on it for about 6 years. I started having breakthrough bleeding on it and that' s the reason why I stopped using it and started Minulette. I used Minulette for 2 years before I started getting breakthrough bleeding again. My GP put me onto Yasmin. I got breakthrough bleeding from the start. I went to my gynae in September and he did an examination and put me onto Progynova for two months. It went better with the bleeding, but since January it started again. What should I do? Why does this keep happening? Will it be difficult to conceive when we eventually want to start with a family?

Hallo Marinda
No, breakthrough bleeds won't affect your fertility. It is usually caused by hormonal fluctuations. One should however exclude other causes of irregular bleeding like ovarian cysts, lesions on the cervix etc, so one should get a proper full gyne examination with papsmear and sonar.

1
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2010/02/15

Hallo Marinda

Reply to cyberdoc