Question
Posted by: Simmy | 2008/08/21

Pill or Mirena

To all ladies...

I need advice. I am very confused, and trying to decide between using the contraceptive pill or the Mirena IUD.

I can use all the help and advice I can get. Thanks!

I hope that the other respondents have helped.

2
Posted by: a fan | 2008/08/22

you do not mention how old you are and whether you' ve had children or not. Not that really is an issue... I had my mirena inserted Oct 07. Was bleeding for 3 weeks and since then I' ve had no period. It' s comfortable, you do not need to worry about taking pills or that it is influenced by meds and best of all, you are not at all aware of it inside. And you are safe for 5 years. Especially with medical aids nowadays not paying for contraceptives etc and the terrible side effects you suffer from some of them. The initial costs are quite high but is nothing when you compare it to the comfort and peace of mind that comes with it. PMS symptoms, if any, are also less.

Reply to a fan
Posted by: romy | 2008/08/22

Hi.. I had a Mirena put in after having troubles with most of the contraceptive pills on the market - i was bleeding for 3 weeks out of every month as the pill did not have enough progesterone for me according to my doctors. Mirena is wonderful, i haven' t had a period since April and there' s no hassle of remembering to take pills at certain times etc.. and i' m sorted for the next 5 years. I' m a big fan of Mirena, it' ll be the best thing you do for yourself!

Reply to romy