Question
Posted by: tracy | 2010-04-12

pill info

hi there i am on yasmin but it seems that my breasts have grown a cup size and it makes me feel a little bloated sometimes. Is it a really strong pill and isnt there a lighter one. The reason i am asking as i have had a non malignant tumour of varicose veins removed and my friend tells me i should not even be on the pill with the weird tumour that i had. Not sure - what do you think? I actually got it when i was pregnant as i picked up a whole 4kg and the extra weight app caused it

Hallo Tracy
There are other contraceptives you can use - the kind would depend on your type of cycle, your medical history etc. The risk with malignant tumours and contraceptives is increased deep vein thrombosis and in your case, if the tumor was of the veins, it could be a risk too. Have you ever considered something like the Mirena IUD that only works locally in the uterus? It is expensive but keeps for 5 years. A cheaper alternative will be the copper T IUD.

1
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2010-04-13

Hallo Tracy

Reply to cyberdoc