Question
Posted by: Ashleigh | 2011/06/15

pill and prolong use?

what are the side effects of using the pill for a long period of time? I''m 27 yrs old and I started using the pill 4 years ago. I was suffering from terrible PMS and the nurse at the clinic recommended the pill. well, my mood improved a bit, but the PMS didnt really go away BUT to my suprise I lost 12 kgs effortlessly and I was over the moon. so I continued with the pill because of the the weightloss. early this year I stopped the pill because of fear that it will cause infertiliy .I was miserable, had headaches and I gained 6 kgs back. After I gained weight I resumed takin the pill. I lost the weihgt but it was harda, but I lost it anyway. and my mood is back 2 HOW it was. I want kids 5 years from now. I dont even know if I can conceive. Is there a way of finding out I can conceive without actually falling pregnant? i also try to lead a healthy lifestyle by jogging three times a week, i DONT SMOKE AT ALL , i try to eat more fruits n veges and I drink alcohol about once a month, sometimes not at all. i drink lots of coffee though. I heard that fertility is at its peak from age 17 TO 27 years? IS this true? what else can I do? im concerned about this lately because I want to have children at a later stage, 5 YEARS from now. What else affects fertility?

It is not a problem using the Pill for several years. It has no long term effects on fertility.Fertility tends to decline after age 35, so you are well within range. You can check if you are ovulating, which would be a good sign in terms of fertility, but it would be difficult to check all possible aspects of fertility now.

1