Posted by: Linda | 2009-06-05

Pill and Pregnancy

hi all,

Just a quick question, should you fall pregnant on the pill, woul the pill mask the symptoms of the pregnancy, meaning you would come on as normal?

Also a pregnancy test can be done the day bfore your period? would this pick up say maybe two weeks pregnancy if it were there?

If you fell pregnant on the Pill, you would not have a period. The preganncy test is likely to be negative if done before your period is due.

Posted by: Linda | 2009-06-05

oh also, if you are that worried, mabye pop aroudn to the lancet labs, they can do a blood test, and you get the results in a hour, and th blood test is accurate

Reply to Linda
Posted by: Linda | 2009-06-05

oh dear, it is the same as me - i havent missed a pill in all the years i have been on the contraceptive.
I just wanted to know as some girls still have their periods when they are pregnant, so i was curious.

I wish you well though.
I guess we can wait for the gynaedoc to respond -good luck

Reply to Linda
Posted by: GO | 2009-06-05

That is good to know. Thanks
I just really need to know if I can be pregnant but the normal home test just doesnt show.. Never skipped period in 5 years on pill

Reply to GO
Posted by: Linda | 2009-06-05

as far as I know the pill doesnt harm the baby - that is a question I asked my gynae when i went onto the pill

Reply to Linda
Posted by: worried | 2009-06-05

I am on the pill as well and skipped a period. I am now 2 weeks late if i count from day my period would have ended and 3 weeks if i count from day it should have started.

I am interested to find out if the pill would harm the baby if i am pregnant.

i have already done 2 tests and both were negative.

Reply to worried