Question
Posted by: Viki | 2010/02/16

Pill and breastfeeding

I am currently on microval (been on it for the past 10 months) and my baby is 11 months old. I have not had a period since after baby was born....I am only breastfeeding in the evenings and at night and on weekends as i am back at work for 1 month now. Is it normal not to have my period for so long now and is it still okay for me to remain on microval even though i am not breastfeeding on demand and as much as i used to before.
thanks

It is normal. Microval is not as safe as the combined pill, especially if you are not breastfeeding regularly.

Best wishews

2
Posted by: Viki | 2010/02/19

thank you for your reply. What contraceptive pill do you suggest i change to. I still want to continue breastfeeding at night so it must not have an affect on the baby.

Reply to Viki

Best wishews