Question
Posted by: sarah | 2009-04-09

pill and antibiotics

hi.
i have been using yasmin for over a year now. I went to the doctor today because i have an ingrown toenail and she sad she was going to put me on antibiotics and cream as it was septic. im supposed to take 4 tablets a day for 5 days. she said it will affect the effectiveness of my pill during this time but i was wondering if you could tell me how long will this be for? and when will my pill(yasmin) be working again properly? will it have a bad affect?
please advise.
thank you

You should use extra precautions while taking the antibiotics and for two weeks after completing the course.