Question
Posted by: Jenny | 2009-07-21

Pill &  Loop

Good day. I want to know if it will be okay to be on the pill and have a " loop"  inserted. I have heard about women getting pregnant with the loop, so I want to make double sure. And the pill is not completely effective when youre on antibiotics. Will the 2 together make a difference? I do not really want to go for another operation to be sterilized, but if that is the only option left, I would do it. I am 28 years and just had my 2nd baby about a month ago.

The Pill is more than 99% safe. If you need a course of antibiotics, you can use extra precautions for a short while. I would think that you should stick with this rather than having a loop inserted as well.