Posted by: Nellie | 2009-02-12

Can you please advise, is there a chance that I can be pregnant if I skip the pil once (one day)? I have only been back on the pill for about 3 weeks though.
I want to take the pill again but I' m scared that I MIGHT be pregnant and it would then harm baby..
Thanks for the help.

Dear Nellie
Ideally you should take the skipped pill as soon as you remember that you skipped it, even if it is the next morning. Theoretically you can fall pregnant especially if you take one of the lower dose type contraceptives. If you are pregnant your natural hormone level will be much higher than the pill anyway, but if you don't menstruate on the time you should, rather take a pregnancy test before starting with the new packet.