Question
Posted by: Shale | 2010/06/07

Piles/Rectal infection?

Dear Doctor.

I have an extremely ithcy anal cavity which has recently started to spread to the perineal area. I have hought that it mightbe piles but I''m not so sure as I have had it before and it doesn''t feel the same. I have a slight growth at the part where the perineum and anus meet, its very small but this seems to be the main part that is causing discomfort. It does not look or feel like a pile and doesn''t bleed.

I have even thought that it might be worms!!! There is nothing that makes it itch more or less, and I have checked hat i exercise personal hygiene in that area. It seems to have gotten worse since the birth of my son 15 months ago.

Any advice?

I would suggest that you see your GP to assess the problem.

1