Question
Posted by: Sue | 2011/06/23

Piles/IBS/

Hi Doc,

I have piles and suffer from IBS and constipation. This morning I had to do a number 2 which was hard and very long, I noticed that there was blood in the stools, must I be concern....
Thank You

Sue

The blood in your stools is most likely due to a small mucosal tare, due to your hard stools. I suggest that you soften your stools with Laxette syrup, Softlax and fibre capsules (Solgar Multiple Fibre capsules is a good product available at health stores). Also consume a lot of water. The piles can be treated with Scheriproct suppositries in combination with Proctocydil ointment.