Question
Posted by: M | 2009/12/02

Piles/hemorrhoids

I need to know how long after having piles/hemorroids removed will it be sore. I have it as a result of constipation and it is so bad that I bleed everytime I have a bowel movement and it is contstantly sore. I want to have it removed ASAP but heard that it is VERY SORE.

Dear M
The more modern methods (e.g. laser) are not as painful as the old surgical methods, and patients go home on the same day. I think it usually is painful for the first week but your doctor will provide pain medication and stool softeners.

2
Posted by: Susan | 2009/12/03

My mom had them removed and it was BLOODY sore for weeks if not months afterwards!

Reply to Susan
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2009/12/02

Dear M

Reply to cyberdoc