Posted by: This is very embarassing | 2009-10-05

this is very embarassing and I don' t want to go to the doctor because I KNOW they make jokes about these type of things (I heard them when I went in for my c-section).
with my second pregnancy, I had extreme pressure on my lower areas and I developed these bulging veins i my private areas (vagina AND anus). after the birth of my baby, the veins in my vagina went back to normal, but I still have the veins in my anus and it is embarassing and terrible and painful and I just watched horrible photo' s on you tube and it looks very scary. is there a pill or cream that I can use to get rid of it, because there is no way that I will go to a doctor with this or be put in the optimal position or whatever the call it to have it removed. Please, please help and advise. I try to stick to a high fibre diet and I didn' t have problems before my second pregnancy... but I really want it to go away.

Dear This is very embarassing
Medication won't take it away as it is a kind of varicose vein (caused by damaged valves in the vein) You can try Proctocedyl, and continue eating healthy foods and drinking enough water to prevent constipation but if it persists, you may need to have it removed surgically / with laser. Not all doctors are so insensitive as to joke about these very real and embarassing but painful problems, so ask your GP to refer you to a doctor with proper bedside manners to manage this for you.

Posted by: Carina | 2015-03-06

I am working at this practise and Dr Vijoen does not work here anymore. More than welcome to see one of our other doctors Dr Lubbinge Dr Esterhuizen Dr Fourie Dr Friend. 0126647429

Reply to Carina | 1 comment (hide)

Good day Carina. Does your doctors specialize wrt piles etc? Kind regards

Posted by: Vlam | 2009-10-06

Hi there  I never had piles/hemorrhoids till about 3 weeks ago - caused by constipation... I agree it is so painfull, but then I decided to go see my GP and she helped me a lot!!! She gave me: " Anugesic Ointment"  - relieves pain and itching and " Scheriproct Ointment"  - Actually heals the piles. It is quite expensive but absolutely worth it. She also suggested that you use ICE to reduce the swelling - it realy helped me. She then confessed and said that she had piles before and therefore understood the pain and discomfort. If you live in Pretoria - I can give you her details - Dr Viljoen - 012 664 7429. The fact that she is a woman helps too. All the best - I hope you feel beter soon.

Reply to Vlam