Question
Posted by: Tia | 2008/07/08

piles last how long?

HI Pharm

I had a sore swelling between anus and vagina it went away after about a week. I used prep H. Now i have another thingy which seem to protrude from the anus itself. It is more itchy than sore, the other one was just plain sore. This second one has been there almost three weeks now. Prep H is not helping as fast as I thought it wld. Shd i be using something else? How long are piles supposed to last anyway? What influences how long they last? This whole business began after i had very forceful diarrhoea for 2 days, following the use of brooklax.

thanks

Tia

Expert ImagePharmacist

T,

The duration may vary - There is no specific time limit! Keep using the Prep H or Anusol. If problematic your doctor can prescribe a prescription product like Scheriproct. Good luck.