Question

Piles and Birth

I am due to give birth in a few weeks and I am starting to stress. I have terrible piles or my rectum is protruding. The piles do not worry me and I do not have pain or bleeding but I seem to have some sort of prolapse of the anus. I would like to know in a natural birth situation, could this make my problem worse. My concerns are tearing of the anus etc. Can this happen? Can the prolapse become worse after a natural birth?

It is more likely that these are piles. They may get worse due to the strain of bearing down, but often get better after the pregnancy.

3

Posted by: Betty | 2011/07/04

my Gynae removed mine before giving birth - but i was in pain etc. and shoo was it sore thereafter!
rather speak to your gynae...

Reply to Betty