Question
Posted by: KB | 2010/05/25

PILES &  HAERTBURN

Good day
Kindly could you advise when is the right time to see the GP with piles, I have a burning/itching feeling after going to the toilet. I do see some blood but not much and after each and every meal, about 15 min later I need to run to the loo.
No matter what or how much I eat, I get haertburn, a terrible stomach ache just below my rib cage and have hick-ups. I do not know what to do anymore. Please help!

Hallo KB
You have symptoms of possible peptic ulcer/gastritis as well as piles. Piles can be treated by yourself with creams like Proctocedyl if it is not very painful or bleeding, but you probably need to see a gastroenterologist to have a gastroscopy (scope) of the stomach to check for an ulcer or hiatus hernia. Please ask your doctor to refer you for further tests?

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/05/25

Hallo KB