Posted by: Rita | 2011-06-15

I have external piles and they dont bleed but when I have been to the loo and wiped it seems to irritate them and then they burn and seems as if there is a rash. I have proctocydal and use it now and then. I have also been using bepanthen as a barrier cream. After having my gall bladder out a couple of years ago I sometimes go to the toilet 3 or 4 times a day and this of course irritates them. Is it possible that my faeces is acidic and that this is causing the irritation. I have been using huggies to clean but it still irritates.

I do not think that your stools are acidic. Piles very sensitive to the touch and can be irritated very easily. Consult your doctor for an examination and the consideration of surgery to have your piles removed. Once removed, they will no longer cause any discomfort.