Posted by: 2 embarressed | 2009-10-05

Hi Doc,

I suffered from constipation on and off during my pregnancy.

After giving birth I was very regular for about 6 weeks after that it'  s been really bad. sometimes if not most of the time I actually bleed when i go and can be extremely painful. I am now however suspected that I might have piles.
anyone experienced this and what are the symptoms and treatment.
I am due for my 6 month check up at the gynae but am so shy about this and nervous about my pap smear as it is now still this problem.

Oh I'  ve also tried everything to stay regular, lots of water, high fibre meals, fruit/veg and even that yogurt (forgot the name) but nothing helps.

Dear 2 embarrassed
Try using Lactulose syrup 10-15 ml at night and a gliserine suppository in the morning every 3rd day if your tummy did not go by then. You can try Proctocedyl for the piles. Symptoms are a soft swelling, pain and bleeding when having a bowel movement.