Question
Posted by: 2 embarressed | 2009-10-05

Piles?

Hi Doc,

I suffered from constipation on and off during my pregnancy.

After giving birth I was very regular for about 6 weeks after that it'  s been really bad. sometimes if not most of the time I actually bleed when i go and can be extremely painful. I am now however suspected that I might have piles.
anyone experienced this and what are the symptoms and treatment.
I am due for my 6 month check up at the gynae but am so shy about this and nervous about my pap smear as it is now still this problem.

Oh I'  ve also tried everything to stay regular, lots of water, high fibre meals, fruit/veg and even that yogurt (forgot the name) but nothing helps.

It may be that you will need to take something like Normacol or Movicol. Your symptoms do sound like piles and you should tell your doctor about this.