Question
Posted by: Kris | 2009-06-11

Piles?

Hi Dr 2 months ago i was hospitalised for constipation and given an enama, test were fine and i just needed to eat healthily. I have been going to the loo fine. There is a slight bit of swelling inbetween my anus and vagina its like skin thats torn with a cuts. It' s gotten quite painful. I have cleaned it with Savlon and applied vaseline. I haven' t had any bleeding though. Given my history i was just wondering if it could be piles or is it something else that could have caused it. Thanks a million for all your help :)

Dear Kris
It could be a small anal tear.You could try something like Proctosedyl cream on the area. Take some Duphalac to keep the stool soft.