Posted by: TM | 2009-05-18

I' m a 30yr old female &  think i might have piles. I suffer from constipation, I have blood on my stools, my anus is constantly itchy and the size of my stools has changed. The other day i went to do number 2, but nothing came out &  when i wiped -there was blood but there was no pain at all. Could i have piles? And what should i do??

Dear TM
Please let a doctor have a look, although piles can cause bleeding, other more serious disease can also cause this like inflammatory bowel disease and cancer. Try using Duphalac/Lactulose syrup to soften the stools. Piles feel like soft growths around the anus and usually cause blood on the paper when you wipe. If the blood is more than a teaspoonful, splashes in the bowl or is mixed with the stool, the cause could be more serious