Question
Posted by: vista | 2008/08/25

piles

Hi. Sorry for all the questions:
1) I have piles now about 14 years and it is the first time I have bleeding ones.
2) Should I be worried
3) What can I do
4) Could I have the piles removed
5) Do I have to go to hospital and for how long or could I have them removed in the consulting rooms
6) Do I go to a GP or a specialist (and which one)

Hallo Vista
You don't need to remove piles just because they bleed. You can treat conservatively with Anusol or Scheriproct and by taking a stool softner like Lactulose. If the bleeding persists or the pile cause a painful clot, you may have to go for a small operation - your GP can have a look and if needed, refer you to a surgeon. You will have to go to hospital for this for a day or two.