Question
Posted by: Liza | 2008/07/24

Pigmentation/Scar treatment

I would like to know to which doctors I must go:

to determine if my pigmentation is caused by the sun or by hormonal changes and for suggestions on how to treatment a scar. I' ve had an operation about 6 months ago that has left me with a scar, but a part of it is " raised" .

If possible could you supply me with names and contact numbers. I live in Paarl, but I don' t mind going to Cape Town for a good doctor/specialist.

Thank you very much for your time.

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Liza, thank you for the question.

Your best approach would be to consult with a dermatologist and my recommendation is to see your family doctor and ask him or her for a referral. Alternatively, you are welcome to see me for a consultation to differentiate the cause of your pigmentation and to examine the scar, and from there we can discuss the various treatment options. My contact details can be found at my web page: www.aestheticfacialenhancement.co.za