Question
Posted by: hestia | 2010/07/06

Pigmentation post 60

Good day. Thank you for your reply on my post before. You provided me with a few options. Who is the best person to assist me in differentiating between pigmentation caused by sun/ exposure vs hormonal? I do not come in the sun much however I did when I was still a kid and might that have caused it? Also if I do go for IPL or then fractional skin resurfacing who can I contact for this?
Thank you again for your time.

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Hestia, thank you for the question and my apologies for the delay with my response.

Your best approach would be to consult a dermatologist or an aesthetic medical practitioner with a special interest in pigmentation. I may be able to refer you to someone I know but please let me know in which city you live so that I can send you to the closest doctor.

Typically Melasma presents with the following:
Large areas of pigmentation
Well defined border
Predominantly on cheeks and upper lip
Related to hormonal changes such as the contraceptive pill/injectable or pregnancy

1
Posted by: anti-ageing expert | 2010/07/16

Large areas of pigmentation
Well defined border
Predominantly on cheeks and upper lip

Reply to anti-ageing expert