Question
Posted by: zdg | 2010/02/02

PIGMENTATION AND SCARRING

Dear Dr
What would be the best thing for me to do to remove pigmentation and scarring i have on my face cheeks due to acne
and who can assist me in this
Can any dermotologist have this done
I stay in south Jhb do you know of any laser clinic who does this or any one thank you very much

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi ZDA, thank you for the question.

You have a number of options to remove pigmentation and scarring and the treatment choice is dependent on the depth of the pigmentation and the degree of scarring.

Your first choice is to use a good SPF (50 or higher) that contains zinc oxide and/or titanium dioxide (applied several times daily) and to practice sun avoidance as much as possible.

Topical products such as NeoStrata, Environ, Nimue, etc. have products that specifically target pigmentation and scarring. One can also consider superficial or medium depth peels such glycolic acid and TCA. Ultimately one may need to consider skin rejuvenation and fractional technology.

Please phone Dr Marianne Duvenage at +27 (0)12-460 4646+27 or (0)12-460 4650 (294 Aries Street, Waterkloof Ridge, Pretoria) and ask them to refer you to a dermatologist in Johannesburg who deals specifically with pigmentation and scarring.

1
Posted by: anti-ageing expert | 2010/02/07

Hi ZDA, thank you for the question.

Reply to anti-ageing expert