Question
Posted by: Bee Sting | 2012/05/15

Pigmentation

Hi there,

Trust that you are well :)

What is the best product on the market to use for pigmentation?

I am going for chemical peels once a month, but I am looking for a good serum and / or moisturiser that I can use.

Thank you kindly.

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Bee Sting, thank you for the question and I am well thank you.

Your most important topical for pigmentation improvement is a good SPF 50 or higher that contains zinc oxide and/or titanium dioxide applied several times daily.
There are a number of depigmenting creams available on the market today; almost all of them should not be used in place of a moisturizer especially if ones skin is dry. Specific ingredients to look out for: alphahydroxy acids (glycolic acid), polyhydroxy acids, kojic acid, mandelic acid, bearberry extract, mulberry root extract, licorice extract, vitamin c and vitamin a or its derivatives (retinol palmitate and acetate). These ingredients (in various combinations) can be found in various topical product ranges such as Environ, Nimue, NeoStrata, IS Clinical, etc.

1
Posted by: anti-ageing expert | 2012/05/19

Reply to anti-ageing expert