Question
Posted by: DK | 2011/09/13

Pigmentation

I have a fair complexion however I have pigmentation on my cheeks that is just not budging. I''ve tried several creams to no avail. THe pigmentation decreased right after the birth of my first child but was back again a few months after that. Are there any supplements that I can take to treat this from within?

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi DK, thank you for the question and my apologies for the delay with my response; I have just returned from France attending the Allergan Medical Academy.

This is a difficult question to answer over the net as one would need to examine the skin to determine the best treatment options. Unfortunately there is no supplement that one can take to reduce or eliminate pigmentation. From your description it seems that you are suffering from Melasma which is a hormonally induced form of pigmentation. This can be a very difficult pigmentation to treat and one may have to ‘manage’ the pigmentation as opposed to removing it completely. Your best advice would be to consult a dermatologist or an aesthetic medical practitioner who has a specific interest in pigmentation so that they can examine the areas of concern and direct you on the correct treatment path.

3
Posted by: Trevin | 2011/10/10

Neastrata - get it from a dermatologist. R230

Reply to Trevin
Posted by: suben | 2011/10/04

I have used hair dye for quite a while now and notice recently that I have an allergic reaction to the dye. Which dye is safe to use.

Reply to suben
Posted by: anti-ageing expert | 2011/09/23

Reply to anti-ageing expert