Question
Posted by: Mandy | 2010/07/26

pigmentation

I have a very thin, dry skin and pigmentation around my cheeks, my forehead and eyebrows. I have never been pregnant and also not on contraceptives. I''ve used so many products already, but to no avail. What would be the best way to get rid of pigmentation? Microdermabration or Lazer treatment?

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Mandy, thank you for the question.

Your best option would be to consult a dermatologist or an aesthetic medical practitioner with a special interest in pigmentation as one would need to examine the skin and even perform a VISIA skin analysis to determine the type and depth of pigmentation before deciding on a treatment option.

In my opinion I do not believe that microdermabrasion will be an effective tool to treat the pigmentation.

Your first treatment should be an effective SPF (50 or higher that contains zinc oxide and/or titanium dioxide) applied several times daily. Topical products and chemical peels may improve the pigmentation b ut ultimately one may have to consider fractional skin resurfacing to achieve the best possible results.

1
Posted by: anti-ageing expert | 2010/07/29

Hi Mandy, thank you for the question.

Reply to anti-ageing expert