Question
Posted by: Nic | 2011-01-06

PID - follow up

Hi doctor, After nearly 5 weeks of pain and 4 doctors later (including CT scans due to micro hematuria, pelvic ultrasounds, ab xrays pap smears, swabs, cystoscopy (bladder) and all being ''so perfectly normal'', my pain got so severe I was lucky enough to find a GP who listened to my symptoms (diffuse severe abdominal pain actually rising to belly button level, painful urination (inside), slightly irregular periods, yellowy-green discharge, pressure and bearing down feeling in vagina/anal area, no appetite) and diagnosed PID. She prescribed 3 different antibiotics over a course of 7 days and after 2 days I felt like a new person then even better as the week went on. I''ve been off the antibiotics 1 week now, but I''m having vague pains in my abdomen with what I would call a slightly heavier than normal discharge (no itch, no smell, no burn). What confuses me is that I was tested negative for clamydia and gonorhea (am happily married), but aparently another doctor picked up BV in my report (which my gynae never mentioned - to his defence in saying I was absolutley fine, I must add that I was only having vague signs when I saw him in November, but why would he not mention the BV if its also a cause of PID?). What could be causing the discharge now and vague pains I am having now? My treatment was the generics of flagyl, doxycline and something else with a c in it, but only 7 days. I am 34yrs. Thanks and Kind regards,

BV is usually a vaginal infection, not a cause of abdominal symptoms. After your complicated story, I can't really give advice without an examination. I would suggest that you go back to your doctor.

1
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2011-01-10