Question
Posted by: DUSTY | 2013-01-25

PID

I was daignosed with PID last year, was admitted in hospital for 3days after expierencing abdonimal pains, was engaged for 2 yrs but broke it of last year when i found out he was cheating. I went tru a difficult time. i want to knw will this infection come back, i know i might not have kids but don''t want to think about that now, my concern is now only my health.

Dear Dusty
If you were fully treated then it shouldn't come back. If you are unsure, or having ongoing symptoms of discharge or pain during intercourse then seek further gynaecological advice. On the subject of fertility, while infertility is associated with PID, it is definitely not a certainty so don't assume such until it becomes a problem - it may never be so.

SASHA. For further information please consult SASHA’S website at www.sexualhealth.qw.co.za/dru. For referral to a professional in your vicinity, please send an email to helpline.sasha@gmail.com