Posted by: PID | 2009-02-23

I went to the clinic today and I just found out that I have PID, so i need to know how long is it going to take for me to fall pregnant after the treatmean, They gave an Injection to clean me and the Doxyclin capsules.
Is it possible for it to be cured?

Dear PID

The problem of the treatment of infection is not the main issue but more importantly it is the structural damage that accompanies such an infection that would ultimately cause the fertility problem. My advice would be to consider a laparoscopy after the infection has cleared to establish whether there has been any permanent damage to the pelvic organs and more especially the fallopian tubes.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

Posted by: PID | 2009-03-05

Thank you very much

Reply to PID