Question
Posted by: Zelda Pelser | 2010/12/07

PICKING UP WEIHGT

Im 27 and +- 1.7 in height, I always used to wigh between 62 to 65, in last 3 months I picked up 7kg I weigh 72 at the moment and woul like to know what I can do to loose the weight again.

I don''t eat allot, and don''t excercise at all, as I have 2 kids and I''m at work 6 days a week......

I always try to buy sugar free sweets or coldrinks, and we love to eat green salads with all our foods.

there is days that I will not eat for 2 days, as I don''t get hungry.

What can I do?

Please help

Zelda

Dear Zelda
If you now weigh 72 kg (65 + 7), your BMI = 24,9 which is still within the normal range, but not as ideal as when you weighed 65 kg (BMI = 22,5). There must be a reason why you are suddenly gaining weight like this and have lost your appetite for up to 2 days at a time. I would suggest that you have a medical checkup to see if you don't suffer fromm thyroid, insulin or female hormone imbalances. Have you changed anything in your routine such as starting a new contraceptive or are you suffering from depression or anxiety? Discuss these potential causes with your dr to see if there are factors contributing to your weight gain. To lose weight you should reduce your energy intake by eating an energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'DietnFood' at the top of this page, then on 'Healthy Diets' and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet), and increase your energy output by doing regular exercise (running, jogging, skipping, cycling, swimming, join a gym or Walk for Life). While you are on the ‘DietnFood’ site, read about every aspect of slimming (the dangers of diet pills, slimming aids, psychological aspects of slimming, etc) by also checking out the ‘Weight Loss’ section and exploring the site.
But do please see a dr ASAP.

1

Dear Zelda
But do please see a dr ASAP.