Question
Posted by: Michelle | 2010/11/10

Picking up weight on Nordette

I''ve been using Femodene for years then moved over to Nordette (now called Oralcon). I''ve switched over just before Dec and I picked up 7kg since then. my eating habbits are still the same and I excercise a lot. is it possible that this pill could be the reason for me picking up weight? when I was on Femodene my weight was the same for years.

It's possible. Perhaps you should go back to Femodene.

2

Posted by: Candy Girl | 2010/11/10

Yes, birth control pills do affect people differently. I do think that Nordette has contibuted to your weight gain. Since side effects on birth control pills are that of weight gain, some people do not experience this. You have to find the right birth control pill that is right for you.
I was originally on Diane 35 and picked up an enormous amount of weight, yet my friend who was on the same pill, didnt have that at all. I have since changed to Yasmin, and have found that I do not pick up weight on this one at all, and have since manages to lose weight!!
In conclusion, each birth control pill affects women differently. My advise would be to change from Nordette to another pill, upon consultation with your GP/gynae.

Reply to Candy Girl