Question
Posted by: Heila | 2011/04/07

Picking up weight - no reason!

I''m really concerned. Im 42 years old. Youngest child is 9 years. I gym as followes. 2 x a week purley cardio vasculer for an hour each. After that 40min weight training. The other 2 days 30 min cardio and 30 min weight training. In total 4 days a week. My hart rate is 57. My diet is not 1005 correct but I''m defnitly not eathing so wrong to give me bad results. But still i''m getting flabier and bick up weight. Hardly any of my clothes fit anymore. I''m very tired all the time. I do have the mirayna in and did do a preganancy test about 3 weeks ago. It was negative. Any sugestions?

Hi Heila

If you are gaining weight, then it can only be that your energy intake per day is on average greater than your energy output. So looking at your diet and training now, you would be able to find where that may be. The balance between exercise and diet can of course be affected by a number of things, like thyroid problems but that's something only a doctor can confirm. What I do think you should look at is seeing a dietician. It may be a small thing, but that is often the difference, so that would be my first port of call.

The fact that you're tired all the time is further reason to look at diet - some people fail to lose weight, or gain weight, because they undereat and their body responds by conserving energy and that could be happening to you as well.

So I think the diet is the focal point right now, if you can see a dietician. After that, if it still is a problem, then it may be a good idea to see a doctor for further tests.

1
Posted by: fitnessdoc | 2011/04/25

Hi Heila

Reply to fitnessdoc