Question
Posted by: nicolette | 2009/12/18

picked up weight

hi there i am 37year old female weighing 77kg at the moment started a diff gym routine than what i was use to 3 weeks ago i weighed 74 i do 25min incline brisk walking then circuit training and the legpress and donkey kickbacks is it holiday weight that i am stuck with ?? do i need to increase the cardio and intensity?ag please help this frustrated women

Hi Nicolette

There are a couple of very basic questions that need to be answered. First, is that 77kg a real value or could it be an outlier? Could you have weighed at a different time, or eaten differently, or used a different scale? That may sound obvious, but it's important. You might be worrying about nothing.

If it is real weight gain, then you need to ask what has changed? I can assure you that the training you're doing cannot account for the weight gain. It's not possible to gain that weight in 3 weeks from exercise. Therefore, the answer is in diet, and somehwere, you've changed something. Perhaps when you changed the exercise, you changed the diet. That's where I think your answer is likely to be found.

I would not change things now, except for diet, until after New Year, because too many other things are changing. Your routines, diet and everything else are different over this time and whatever you change now will only mislead you. So stick with it, see by mid-January what is happening and then decide.

1
Posted by: fitnessdoc | 2009/12/20

Hi Nicolette

Reply to fitnessdoc