Question
Posted by: 32yrs Young | 2010/07/08

PhytoExquisites vs More Popular Ranges

I''m a 32 year old owman and now coming to terms that my skin elasticity is not what it used to be and the wrinkles around my eyes are not just from smiling.
I would like to know what I can use to minimise the signs of ageing, and even prevent some of it. A friend of mine sells Sh''zen and swears by PhytoExquisites, but I''m hesitant as I''m not sure if she''s really devoted to the product or just the selling of the product. I''ve not heard of anyone else using it, but it contains Neroli and Jasmine oils, and I''m not usre if thats good in fighting ageing or not. Would you recommend this product or would you rather recommend something like Neostrata or Environ? Please advise.

Thanks!

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi ’32 years young’, thank you for the question and my apologies for the delay with my response.

This is a difficult question to answer as the range you mention has not published medical studies (double blind randomized) that demonstrates its effectiveness.
I am a firm believer in specific ingredients that have shown with medical studies to benefit the skin: alphahydroxy acids, polyhydroxy acids, vitamin C, vitamin A, vitamin E, and anti-oxidants. Both NeoStrata and Environ contain these ingredients in one form or another and in varying concentrations. I advise all my patients to consider using topicals that contain these ingredients however there is nothing wrong with trying the Sh’zen range and seeing how your skin responds.

1
Posted by: anti-ageing expert | 2010/07/16

Reply to anti-ageing expert