Question
Posted by: Victor | 2012-08-20

Physical / Psychological

I am currently having a difficulty with my lack of Sex Drive

I would like to Test whether I have a Physical Problem .

How do I go about it?
And where do I go?
Furthermore what do I ask?

I have already been for Blood Pressure Tests with no issues.

First let's make sure WE are speaking about the same thing - people understand different things by Sex Drive - for some this means that they can't keep going after they have ejaculated (i.e. they can't maintain their erection), for others it means they ejaculate too quickly. Sex drive to me refers to your desire/hunger for sex, your interest in being sexual at all. My answer below refers to lack of interest in sex. If you meant something different, please repost your question (otherwise I won't see it - I only see new posts)clarifying your concern.

I recommend you go to your GP or a urologist (these are the two most common health care professionals likely to do this work). Tell them that you are struggling with low sex drive. They will need to check if there are any other sexual, relationship, or psychological factors (e.g. depression, conflict in relationship) that might account for this. Additionally, they will need to know all the medication you are on as some impact negatively on sexual interest.
Tests to rule out physical causes of low sex drive usually include: testorone (free testosterone), liver functioning, thyroid functioning, & prolactin levels.

Claire - SASHA

2
Posted by: Max | 2012-08-21

Go for a Testosterone blood check which you can do at a normal GP. Decreased libido can be a symptom of heart disease. If the physical is fine, then it may be a psychological issue.

Reply to Max
Posted by: Sexologist | 2012-08-21

Claire - SASHA

Reply to Sexologist