Question
Posted by: Pinkie | 2012-04-11

Phonecall harrassment

I have a problem at work. for the past 2 months, someone (will rather not mention names) keeps phoning me constantly. He has an issue with our company and want to sue us or something and now he keeps phoning me with messages to give to our directors and management. He is obviously not mentally well cause one day he will be quite threatening and the other day he will talk about his family or even start to pray for me?? We have blocked all the numbers he usually phones from, but everyday he would just use another number. I dont want to be rude to this man, cause I can hear he is definately not mentally stable. What must I do? Should I just put the phone down in his ear when he calls or should I listen? Not exactly sure how to handle him?

OK, you're not mentioning names, which is wise, but I gather that you ARE certain of the identity of this creep ? He does indeed sound unbalanced, whether sick o simply eccentric and maybe even lonely. You need to discuss this with your management, to make a proper plan for dealing with this. They could even go so far as to seek a court order to stop him harrassing you or the company as a whole. I applaud your concerns and gentleness in dealing with someone who sounds like a major nuisance. But it sounds as though listening to him is not helping him, you, or your company. Maybe the company can arange that in future when you receive calls from him, you can rapidly transfer them to someone in management who can tell him firmly to put his complaints or concerns in writing, and not to call any more, as this is being a nuisance and is actually delaying any possibility of looking seriously at his concerns.

1