Posted by: Flemmy | 2010-08-28

Hi doctor. I have been battling with extremely sticky and thick mucus in my throat for the past week after being exposed to quite a lot of dust and cold. It seems to stick in my throat and not come out or move downwards when swallowing, but about once a day I can feel a blop moving down and then my throat is a bit better for a while until it builds up again. I am almost certain that it is a nasal drainage into the back of my throat. It is not sore though and absent when I wake up in the morning. Food also appears to move down slower as a result of it.

What should I do doc? Can I take something that will help?

Thanks a million.

I suggest that you use Alcophyllex and Sinutab Nasal spray to alleviate your symptoms. You can use Compral for fever, pain and discomfort.

If your symptoms do not subside within a week, you will have to consult your doctor for an x-ray of your sinusses and lungs.