Posted by: Joe | 2009-06-19

Hi Doc, after consant visits to my GP over the past year, Im just given anti-biotics like Erythrocin, Clarithromycin etc to treat my sinus problem. The problem is phlegm which I cough up every morning for the past year (yellow and brown phlegm). He says its continous bronchitis or something like that, and am told to take Simayla Loratadine every night to help stop phlegm production. Im wondering if theres any better OTC medications I can use to permanently remove the phlegm from my body or drastically stop its production, or is this going to be a ongoing lifelong thing I will have to live with? What about nasal sprays like Sinutab Nasal spray, will that help?

I suggest that you make an appointment with an ENT specialist to have a CT scan of your sinusses done, to determine the cause of your chronic sinusitis, i.e. a polyp that can be removed. It is possible that you need a sinus lavage.