Question
Posted by: Jack | 2010/02/24

Phimosis or tight foreskin

I am 37 years old.

About a moth back the symotoms as described for phimosis started with a tight foreskin.

Is this normal for my age and what treatment do you recommend?

After reading the information on this web page only one option is reflected but can it be treated or is circumsition the only option.

As mentioned it only started a month back before was not a problem.

Please assist.

Jack

Hallo Jack
Circumcision is not the only option - the skin can be stretched or it could be treated with cortisone. Tight foreskin can develop due to inflammation, injury or infection and is not "normal" for your age. Please see an urologist for this

4
Posted by: Themba | 2010/03/09

What if you were born with a tight foreskin ? is it considered as phimosis and is it a threat ? I have a tight foreskin that cannot unwrap iam 22 years of Age . . .

Reply to Themba
Posted by: Themba | 2010/03/09

Reply to Themba
Posted by: Frank | 2010/02/24

Hi Jack,

There must be an underlying condition that has caused this sudden change. There are many conservative treatment options available to treat phimosis. refer to CIRP.org for more info.

Circumcision is not the only or the best treatment option available to you.

Reply to Frank
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2010/02/24

Hallo Jack

Reply to cyberdoc