Question
Posted by: Kelly | 2012/09/24

Phen375

Hi there,

I am a 23 year old female and would like to lose a couple of pounds - my body seems stuck at 60kg and although I am not overweight - height 1.68, I want to be a little smaller for summer.

I work out and eat healthily all the time and nothing happens! I found Phen375 on a site and decided to order some. I just need to know if these ingredients are harmful at all - All ingredients have been approved by the FDA and said to have no side effects. Please can you tell me if these do and if they may prevent pregnancy long term? I am a little hesitant to take them as one of the ingredients promotes production of testosterone and I am worried that it may prevent pregnancy later in life. Am I wrong? I only plan on taking this for a month as I want to lose 4-6kg.

These are the ingredients: cyclic AMP enzyme boosters such as , 1,3,7-Trimethylxanthine, and a Sympathomimetic Amine, LongJack Tongkate ALI Capsaicin-1.12, l-carnitine

Thanks,

Kelly

Dear Kelly
None of these products "have no side-effects" and in most cases it is impossible to determine what the side-effects are because the ingredients have not been tested properly. I am not a herbalist so I cannot tell you what LongJack Tongkate Ali is. I have heard of capsaicin which is derived from chilies and may stimulate the metabolism slightly. L-carnitine is used by athletes to transport fatty acids over the cell membrane to act as a source of energy, but has not been proven to actively promote weightloss. It may improve endurance and help you to exercise for longer which would then cause some weightloss. L-carnitine should not be taken by anyone with thyroid problems as it suppresses thyroid function. As to the effect of these ingredients on future pregnancies and the increase in testosterone levels which could cause some masculinisation, those are problems that you would need to discuss with your gynaecologist. I would not recommend the use of such pills and potions, seeing that your weight is already ideal and your BMI = 21,2. You say "nothing" is happening - just keep in mind that you are also not gaining weight thanks to your work-outs and healthy eating. Don't mess with a good thing.
Take care

1

Dear Kelly
Take care