Posted by: SHIRLY | 2011-04-08

Hi doc,
I would like to find out abt my 24 month son. I took him to the doc since he was feverish and restless and coughing. He diagnosed him with ear infection and phelgm chest. He prescribed Augmentin es 600 for 5 days and 1 X 5ml prelone for 5 days and celestamine/flemlite mixture for 5days 2 X 5ml daily and asked me to neb him with pulmicort twice a day. I want to ask you what is your opinion with all this different steroird/cortisone medicines given at once, Is it not too much. Pls advice.

The corticosteroid based medication is only prescribed over a 5 day period, which is not a problem. It is however not advisable to use prelone and celestamine for long periods of time. Pulmicort can be used on a chronic basis.