Question
Posted by: Alan | 2009-04-24

Peyronie' s disease?

Hello Doctor. A while ago, my sister' s child accidentally hit me in the groin with a golf club. The area was bruised and swollen for quite some time thereafter but I never consulted a doctor which, in retrospect, I should have done. Everytime I get an erection now, my penis leans to the left &  there is a slight curve. Also, at the point where my penis joins my body on the left side at the top, it doesn' t feel as tightly joined to my body as the right side. It was never like this before, &  it has come about gradually since I was hit by the golf club. I am very worried, especially after a friend told me about Peyronie' s disease. I would like to know if you can tell me a bit more about the condition &  what would be involved in a typical medical examination at my doctor. Thank you. Alan.

Alan

An abnormality in the straightness of your penis can easily be corrected by a urologist. Please refer to the following link for detailed information about Peyronie's disease and the treatment thereof: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peyronie%27s_disease

The examination will entail a bi-manual examination of the genitalia and prostate.

1
Posted by: Alan | 2009-04-26

Thank you, doctor. I can only see the defect when my penis is erect. The curvature of my penis is slight at the moment - I guess I' m just worried if it might curve even more, so basically I just want my doctor to tell me if it is anything to be really worried about or whether I can just go on leading my life. Does this mean that the doctor would have to examine my penis in an erect state? I am concerned about how the medical examination takes place. Could you please be more specific about the procedure? Thank you. Alan.

Reply to Alan