Posted by: Charmaine Davel | 2009-10-06

Please could you let me have information on the above problem which my father has. What is the cause and what can be done for this problem. He is 75 years old and stay in Natal. His non a drinker only occutionally and was a heavy smoker about 25 plus years ago after his first heart attack. He also has osteoporosis in his lower back &  hip. Otherwise his quite healthy,

Thanking you
Charmaine (his daughter)

Expert ImageAgeing and Sexuality expert

I know what Peyronie's Disease is but am uncertain what you mean by "withdrawal of the penis". Peyronie's Disease is commonly found in older men. It is a curvature of the penis as a result of calcification that has built up inside the penis. This can make it difficult for men to penetrate and can be extremely painful.
The sooner men go for treatment the better. Today there are good safe surgical techniques with good outcomes. Refer your dad to a urologist who will diagnose and treat him.